TORONTO, Canada - Celestica Inc. (NYSE, TSX: CLS), a global leader in the delivery of end-to-end product lifecycle solutions, today announced the availability of its third annual Corporate Social Responsibility Report, outlining the Company's long-term sustainability strategy and environmental and social achievements.
Celestica's corporate social responsibility (CSR) program encompasses five focus areas including: ethics, labour, environment, occupational health and safety and community giving. Building on its commitment to CSR, Celestica is proud of the following recent accomplishments:
• Environmental sustainability programs targeted at reducing carbon emissions and waste, earning Celestica a spot on Canada's Green 30, an annual list of top companies based on Aon Hewitt's Employee Green Index.
• Giving back to the communities in which the company operates through donations of funds and expertise, including offering every employee two days off to volunteer per year.
• A comprehensive ethics program that includes Business Conduct Governance (BCG) training for all new employees; annual certification process to the BCG for all employees; compliance training courses; and an ethics hotline that enables employees to confidentially report unethical, illegal or unsafe activity.
• Labour programs that help to foster a positive, engaged workforce, such as the HER (Health Enables Returns) project, a peer health training program for women, which was initially launched at two sites in South China with plans for expansion in 2013.
• Participation in environmental and social industry groups and consortia enabling Celestica to take a leadership role in developing solutions that help its customers' to meet global compliance requirements in advance of legislative deadlines.
• Increased social responsibility initiatives in the area of operational health and safety.
"Our 2012 CSR report showcases our commitment to social and environmental responsibility on a global scale and the progress we are making in our five focus areas," said Todd Melendy, Chief Compliance Officer, Celestica.
"Our success is a tribute to the Celestica employees who carry out our corporate social responsibility commitments every day, in communities around the globe."
For more information or to view a copy of Celestica's corporate social responsibility report, please visit www.celestica.com.
Celestica is dedicated to delivering end-to-end product lifecycle solutions to drive our customers' success. Through our simplified global operations network and information technology platform, we are solid partners who deliver informed, flexible solutions that enable our customers to succeed in the markets they serve. Committed to providing a truly differentiated customer experience, our agile and adaptive employees share a proud history of demonstrated expertise and creativity that provides our customers with the ability to overcome any challenge.
Celestica Safe Harbour and Fair Disclosure Statement
This news release contains forward-looking statements. Such forward-looking statements are predictive in nature and may be based on current expectations, forecasts or assumptions involving risks and uncertainties that could cause actual outcomes to differ materially from the forward-looking statements themselves. For those statements, we claim the protection of the safe harbor for forward-looking statements contained in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, and in any applicable Canadian securities legislation. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future actions or events. You should understand that the risks, uncertainties and factors which are identified in our various public filings at www.sedar.com and www.sec.gov could affect our future actions and events and could cause them to differ materially from those expressed in such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are provided for the purpose of providing information about management's current expectations and plans relating to the future. Readers are cautioned that such information may not be appropriate for other purposes. Except as required by applicable law, we disclaim any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.